Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Steals and Deals

Hello lovelies! I come to you today with a few recent deals/steals I've bought for myself now that I won my overdraft battle with my bank. Over the next few weeks, I'm going to be looking for really cute, cheap stuff for you all, so every time you surf onto CNN.com and read the latest about how the baby boomers are destroying our financial future, you don't feel the need to shoot yourself in the face. You're welcome.

Most of these choices appealed to me because they have the potential to carry into a work wardrobe, while still being fun and flirty. And who doesn't love being fun and flirty??


First up: Old Navy's Organza Tank Dresses - $14.99

I was going to go for charcoal, but convinced myself not to and bought Pink Cadillac instead (I've seen all three colors in person and they're lovely). I think there is a way to carry brighter colors like pink and yellow through fall--you just need to match them with neutral colors like brown and gray. I think my new tank dress will be adorable with my flat brown riding boots, but I can also dress it up with a jacket or cardigan for work. It's currently on sale for $14.99 and going fast! I checked back in today and several of the sizes were gone.










Second steal: Merona Oxford Maye Pumps - $26.99
I absolutely HATE buying shoes online (I have such long, narrow feet that I'm never sure whether I need to get a 10 or 11), but I had to get these ASAP. I've been looking for a cheap pair of Oxfords for a while now. I have this weird-love hate relationship with Oxfords. I used to really hate them, but they're appealing to me more and more as winter approaches. They look SO cute with a dress and tights. Also, if you're worried about ordering online like I am, all Target stores take online returns, saving you shipping cost. I would have gone into our local store... but I didn't want to risk them not being there! Pray to the fashion gods that they fit me, people.




Third Find: Safari Shift Dress from Old Navy - $9.99

A simple black shift dress? For $9.99?? Be still my heart! This dress has a great construction and fit--and look! It's still available in Medium and Large. I think the Safari pattern pretty much gone, and I'm not 100% sure why they only put buttons on one shoulder, but I think this is the type of dress you can work with as a young professional. Seriously, there is nothing more classic--and think of all the fun tights you can wear it with.


Still waiting for it to come in the mail, but if it is heinous or there's something seriously wrong with it, I shall report back. Until then, do not resist. You know you can't.





And, finally: Gap's Double-Breasted Jacket -- $44.50

I have been STALKING THIS JACKET LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS!!! I was so excited when it went on sale that I called my mom and celebrated like it was a national holiday. I had to stop myself from hugging the post office worker when it finally came in the mail. I absolutely adore it and the way it fits. It's really comfy, and although the fabric feels like a sweater, it does have a shape. So far I've worn it to work, with a dress and heels and with jeans--and it looks really cute all three ways. I was looking for another jacket to take me from fall to winter, and this was too chic to pass up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen to that! stupid banks. in other news, i freaking love this blog. keep the posts coming, ladies!

Julia York said...

Ooh, I love that Gap jacket, it looks so cozy!

sheasen said...

replica bags in gaffar market replica gucci y5w50w1y54 replica evening bags joy replica bags review discover this v6d12k1j42 replica bags sydney you could try here s3b22h4r25 buy replica bags replica bags karachi b5w09c4p71