Sunday, October 5, 2008

Olivia Wilde's Emmy Awesomess

So I know that I'm way late with talking about Emmy fashion, so I won't bother doing a whole run down of best and worst. I just wanted to give a shout out to Olivia Wilde, who had my favorite dress of the evening.He Reem Acra dress was simple perfection-- so elegant and classy, but still completely age appropriate for a twenty-something ingenue. I love the ruched and twisted top and the free flowing skirt, which sort of remind me of something Shakespeare's Juliet would wear (perhaps she's as obsessed with Taylor Swift's "Love Story" as I am!). The cap sleeves, however, really set her apart from the crowd. It's so rare to see young, beautiful actresses wear sleeves, and this year even Mary Taylor Moore, whose arm-bearing days are in the distant, distant past, were going sleeveless. So even though the sleeves are basically shoulder jewelry (totally gorgeous, sparkly shoulder jewelry), they create a very distinct silhouette. The color is so well-chosen also; it would have completely washed her out if she was still a blonde, like back in her O.C. days, but instead it nicely compliments her tan and dark hair and makes her looks extra ethereal.

Her makeup, also, is incredible. She looks so dewy and fresh, while peers like America Ferrara and Christina Applegate look shellacked in plastic. The slightly undone hair contributes to the dress's romantic allure, but manages to avoid the "I'm just out running errands on a Sunday afternoon" look that happens when stars try too hard with the undone hair. My only compliant is that we can't see her shoes. Otherwise, well played on all counts, Ms. Wilde.

1 comment:

luxurygirl said...

This dress is perfection! I found the same on this site