Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mod Cloth gifts

I thought I had covered everything on Mod Cloth, but shortly after posting that last entry I realized that I totally skipped Mod Cloth's awesome gifts section!

I bought this "Books to Check Out" Journal, $10.99, years ago at a Borders, and it's been one of my most prized possessions ever since. I adore the old-fashioned library check-out card front, and at the beginning of each section (there's Books to Read, Favorite Books/Passages, and Books Borrowed/Lent) there are witty quotes about reading, like Groucho Marx's, "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. And inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Since 2006, I've used this journal to keep a list of every book I've read, and I also copy down passages I particularly like or titles of books I want to read in the future. I'm sort of obsessed with my book journal, and I think it'd be a perfect gift for any lover of the printed word with an obsessive list-making streak.

The home decor section also has some fun stuff. At first I was totally creeped out by this Cardboard Mounted Deer, $25.99. But now I find it sort of cute and charming! They call it "cruelty-free kitsch," and I think it would be a great conversation piece. You can also paint or collage it to give it even more personality.

I also think I would really enjoy these Eggcellent Spatulas, $14.99, since my breakfast of choice is eggs over easy on toast. When I first started making it, I kept breaking the yoke in the process of flipping, but now I've good enough to make my eggs as perfectly intact as the ones on the spatula.

1 comment:

carolina bleu said...

love the cardboard deer!