Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mod Cloth gifts

I thought I had covered everything on Mod Cloth, but shortly after posting that last entry I realized that I totally skipped Mod Cloth's awesome gifts section!

I bought this "Books to Check Out" Journal, $10.99, years ago at a Borders, and it's been one of my most prized possessions ever since. I adore the old-fashioned library check-out card front, and at the beginning of each section (there's Books to Read, Favorite Books/Passages, and Books Borrowed/Lent) there are witty quotes about reading, like Groucho Marx's, "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. And inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Since 2006, I've used this journal to keep a list of every book I've read, and I also copy down passages I particularly like or titles of books I want to read in the future. I'm sort of obsessed with my book journal, and I think it'd be a perfect gift for any lover of the printed word with an obsessive list-making streak.

The home decor section also has some fun stuff. At first I was totally creeped out by this Cardboard Mounted Deer, $25.99. But now I find it sort of cute and charming! They call it "cruelty-free kitsch," and I think it would be a great conversation piece. You can also paint or collage it to give it even more personality.

I also think I would really enjoy these Eggcellent Spatulas, $14.99, since my breakfast of choice is eggs over easy on toast. When I first started making it, I kept breaking the yoke in the process of flipping, but now I've good enough to make my eggs as perfectly intact as the ones on the spatula.

5 comments:

carolina bleu said...

love the cardboard deer!

Unknown said...

about his dolabuy.ru you could look here www.dolabuy.ru their website Dolabuy Prada

Unknown said...

go to this website YSL Dolabuy Recommended Reading replica wallets see this page luxury replica bags

gethea said...

p1x88m5e43 m4d08r9s24 a5q45j4t44 e7l53h7l69 d2w00q6b21 n7d32e4e79

peeley said...

a4g01c5w93 i8v88j8f36 l8g09r5v47 k3c56g3r72 m0m39w1g00 i0x04t3l34