Monday, May 25, 2009

Tahari by ASL Skirt Suit

First, thank you everyone who left a comment on the last post--so much great advice! Happily, I did end up finding a suit that doesn't make me look like Laura Bush; instead, I look like a cute, young yuppie who you'd love to hire. I went to Macy's this morning and tried on about 57 different suits, and bought one that I really like. It looks a lot like this one, by Tahari, except with short sleeves and a simpler lapel:
Yes, I decided to go with short sleeves. I know this means I'm screwed if I don't find a job before it gets cold (although, if I'm still unemployed by October I probably will not be living in New York, so it's a bit of a moot point), but it feels particularly right for late May. The skirt hits right at the knee and is conservative without being frumpy, and I feel confident that I'll be able to match it with other tops and wear it without the jacket.

Speaking of tops, I got two button-downs from Banana Republic and I'm still trying to decide which to wear. BR doesn't seem to have the right colors online for the Cap-Sleeve Fitted Blouse, $40. I got a light pink (more pastel than the photo) and light yellow, both of which look fantastic against the grey suit. I think the pink says, "I'm girly and fun, but still hard-working like Elle Woods," while the yellow says, "I'm sunny and have a great attitude, but am also brave because I'm a blonde wearing yellow." I'm leaning towards the yellow, but feel free to cast your vote if you see this before tomorrow morning.

6 comments:

KDot said...

I love gray and pink and gray and yellow. Two great choices!

Madelyn said...

yellow!

Anonymous said...

yellow - blondes look so good in yellow! wish i was still blond...

Julia York said...

I went with the yellow and I think the interview went really well! Afterward I visited some of my co-workers at my former internship, and I got complimented on how grown-up I looked in my suit. Of course, they knew the truth about what I usually wear to work--unironed button-downs, skirts that don't quite match, and impractical heels with jeans on casual Friday.

luxurygirl said...

Gorgeous skirt suit, I found the same on this site Stylephotos

stitheet said...

my companyhere find more infosee this here HomepageExtra resources