Monday, May 18, 2009

Converse One Star at Target

You know, I could do a whole post on Chris Pine's awesome sneakers. And you know, I just might write that. But for now, here are another pair of Converses that I want:

From the Target Converse One Star line, these Perforated Oxfords, $34.99, are unlike any other Converses I've ever seen. It's hard to tell how they'd look with a foot in them, though; up close, it looks a bit like this shoe has a rare skin disease. But in a cool, sporty, hip way, right? And you know what the weird thing about these shoes are? I would want to keep them pristine white, while if I got regular white Chucks I'd try to get them dirty as soon as possible. Maybe I should get a pair of each, and have one inside pair and one outside pair. Although then I'd be about five years away from those women who have all-white homes and make their toddlers drink their juice outside.

Also from Converse One Star, this Twisted Dress, $34.99, is incredibly adorable and fresh. You can't quite tell, but the fabric has an ivory and powder blue stripe print, which makes it even more charming and summer-appropriate. I'd want to wear this dress to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden or maybe lunch at the rooftop sculpture garden at the Met.

4 comments:

Madelyn said...

that dress is AMAZING. i really might get it, we'll just have to coordinate so we don't wear it on the same day.

Bex said...

Normally I don't like Converse at all, but those All-Stars are pretty awesome. I might have to conform and buy a pair

Converse UK said...

Nice I've been looking for the same thing, and got here through Google Did you know converse uk summer 2010 collection ?

wisteraice said...

Ha it is 2011 and I just found this. I actually bought these shoes a few years ago and was just looking for a picture. I love my converse, and of course still have these :) Wish I could have gotten the dress, maybe I can find it on eBay.....