Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Coming Up Roses

You'll have to excuse us for being so quiet lately--we are but simple college girls, with dorms and apartments to move into, classes to reschedule, and Olympic swimmers to watch.

So, onward!

I'm sitting here, minding my own business when I discover that Forever 21 has launched For Love 21, an official accessories line. Actually, to be completely honest, I'm not sure how it's different from Forever 21's accessories, but that's beside the point. Any cheap crap is good crap in my book.

Let me start off by saying that I have a total love/hate relationship with F21. I go into the shop and find absolutely nothing. I order stuff online and half of the time it doesn't fit or looks incredibly cheap in person. Really, it's like a game of Russian roulette. Oh, and did I mention that you can NEVER FIND WHAT THE MODELS ARE WEARING IN THE PICTURES?!?!?!?


All that aside, as I search desperately for one of the handbags featured in one of the shiny pictures (IT IS NOT ON THE WEBSITE!! STOP TORTURING ME F21!!), I noticed a little trend that they seem to have going on for fall: roses/flowers/pink. It seems a little counterintuitive to have this happy pink flowers headline your fall collection, but, hey, what do I know.

Up first we have the Artisan Wool Beret, which is totally cute if you're the kind of person that can actually pull off wearing a beret:


This little beauty runs for $12.80, comes in four colors and is dry clean only. Just so you know.

I've been inspired by the USA gymnasts to reinvestigate those snappy little hairclips, and, luckily for me, F21 was ready for me:








(Rosy Barrette Set, $4.80)

We also have my personal favorite--the rose ring. And, yet again, we run into the frustrating fact that if you have no idea what size you are, you have to guess. And if you're like me, you guess wrong. The good news? It's only $5.80. The better news? There are at least 7 different kind of rose rings on the site. If I had the mental willpower, I would link them all. But trust me, this one is the prettiest!

Alas, my laptop battery is about to die... but fear not. If you search F21, there are shirts, earrings, rings, necklaces and even purses that are all decorated with dainty little roses. Awfully purdy.

No comments: