Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Just because.

So there's really no reason for this post except that I get off writing about lovely, lovely things I either own or wish I owned.

(By the way, I've been contributing recently to ThisNext, a new online community where you can recommend and browse products on the 'net.  You can check out my recommendations here.)

This dress by Canadian designer Eve Gravel looks like it was swiped from a chic Parisian girl's closet.  I love the classic, gamine cut and the quirky details, especially the contrasting crocheted panel.  So perfect with black London Sole flats and a simple clutch purse.

It's Kiki DM and it's marked down considerably, so I couldn't resist.  Plus, if there were ever a way to get someone's attention...

Here's the obligatory part of any post I write on this thing that makes Julia question my sanity.  But these aren't just your average American Apparel leggings; these are glorified leggings.  Besides, I'm not the only one who loves them: Sass & Bide weren't even going to make these for the masses, but people were crazy about them when they showed up on the runway that they decided to by popular demand.
  
I love jewelry that manages to be both tough and elegant, like this Azendi necklace.  But I always wonder whether you could wear necklaces like this one, with its sterling silver dagger charms, and get past security at the airport...

I wear these "snakeskin" sandals with everything from cutoff shorts to skinny jeans to dresses.  This is the summer of gladiator sandals, and come September we'll all probably be sick of them, so I'm gonna enjoy them while I can.

This is the ultimate high-low dress.  I wear mine errand-running with my aforementioned Sam Edelman gladiators, and then I switch those out for sexy DKNY peep-toes for dinner and drinks.  I love clothing that works harder than I do...

J. Crew: Usually more vanilla than the latte I had for breakfast.  But I'm really digging these jeans - enough to have just bought them.  I love the relaxed-but-feminine fit and rolled-up ankles.

2 comments:

Julia York said...

I love how you picked the one thing that J.Crew sells that I look at and think, "Eh, not for me." But that Kenneth Cole dress? Way hot.

Ella Deneuve said...

Haha, and that's one of the maybe three things on the J. Crew website that are "me." I also like this "C'est La Vie" tee -

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/knitstees/texturedknits/PRDOVR~96842/96842.jsp

But I love that we are so sartorially different! :)