Monday, June 8, 2009

A Prom Queen's Dream




Okay, this is kind of embarrassing, but I've recently joined the Church of BumpIt.  I'm not really sure how I was converted, because by all means the scary trannylicious beauty queen hairstyles in the infomerical should have had me burning every teasing comb in my house.  They're like hair zombies who have had their brains eaten by the little teeth of the BumpIt.




I have to start off by saying that I have very strange hair.  Strange in that it's very fine, but I have a lot of it.  Great for curling and straightening, but not so much for maintaining any kind of volume.  I originally sent my mom a link to the website as a joke (she loves doing the bangs bump, but has a hard time getting it right), and last week we finally broke down and bought the set after spotting it in Walgreens.  One of our more adventurous moments, I'd say. 

Let me just say that the BumpIts deserve some credibility because Leighton Meester's hairdresser on Gossip Girl uses them all the time in her hair.  And, really, after I used the medium sized one (I'm pretty sure the largest one should be reserved for those of you that want to be Amy Winehouse for Halloween...), I could see why.  They really do stay in your hair with little help, but if you're worried about the insert falling out, use it when your hair is half up or with a ponytail.  They come in all colors, but I've only ever seen the dark brunette/black sets in stores.  What that potentially says about blondes and brunettes, I don't know.  All I know is, I like my little BumpIt boost, and if worse comes to worse, you can use it as a weapon and head-butt your attacker like Kiefer.  

1 comment:

Julia York said...

OMG I WANT ONE! I can never get my hair to do that voluminous Brigette Bardot thing, and I'm willing to use a tiny little plastic thing-y to try. When you get here, I'm definitely going to play around with yours.

Also, my favorite part of that infomercial is the girl who wears the Bump-it to play tennis.