Monday, September 20, 2010

Cream of the Fashion Week Crop



There were a few years when I obsessively followed New York Fashion Week--or as obsessively as one can without any invitations. But now I find all the shows and parties and breathless celebrity coverage to be a little exhausting, so I follow the Fug Girls coverage and check out the slideshows of my favorites, and that's it. But one designer that's always worth my time? Monique Lhuillier. She may not be reinventing streetwear, but when it comes to awe-inspiring red carpet gowns, she's my goddess. Here are three dresses I'll be daydreaming about wearing to the Oscars, on Joseph Gordon-Levitt's arm:

And here's one more dress I'm swooning over, from Marc Jacobs. I'll ignore the sheer top and focus on the glorious mix of colors, perfectly complemented by the flower in the model's hair.

No comments: